Running a Successful Ad Agency – Principal/Senior Management (Part 6)
Read time: 2 minutes
Job Description – The Ad Agency Principal (owner) or Senior Management is responsible for the success of the entire agency (don’t worry – we don’t really think of you as Donald Trump look-alikes!)
Often (in a small agency) owners are involved in Creative or Account Executive roles, but the key to the position is in making key strategic business decisions based on information and data presented.
A typical day
- Overseeing all the work going on in the agency
- Meeting with clients
- Analyzing agency profitability and developing future looking strategy.
A typical interaction with fp.
- fp is used to pull management reports to help with decision making
- Profit analysis
- Timesheet analysis
- Agency and employee efficiency
- Cash-flow and revenue projections
- Resource allocation and availability
A perfect day
- Clients are happy, employees are busy and efficient, and tasks and jobs for every client are on or ahead of schedule and on budget.
Top of mind issues
- Making clients happy
- Ensuring that employee efficiency is maximized across the organization
- Ensuring that workflow is efficient and the right stuff is getting done
- Being able to have an overall view of what the agency is up to and how it’s doing financially … with a simple click of a button.
fp. is your boutique agency management partner.