#OptimalPrime: Transferring User Licenses Made Easy
FP NewsMarketingProductivityUsing FP
Read time: 2 minutes
At Function Point, ‘Prime’ is the name we give to the people at your agency who know how to best use the system. Each month we’ll share new tips and tricks from our system to help you Transform your Function Point skills from average to amazing. Tune in each month to elevate your game, and if you miss any previous posts, check out #OptimalPrime on our Twitter: @functionpoint.
Transfer User Licenses
Agency turnover can be stressful and time-consuming, there’s no reason managing user licenses for your agency should be too. As you say goodbye to some people and welcome others, you will want to keep your FP system up to date. That’s why we’ve made transferring user licenses simple in Function Point.
- In your Function Point system, on the main navigation bar, hover over “Admin”. Hover over “Rate and Staff Management” and click “Staff, Staff Rates and Permissions”.
- On the “Admin Staff List” page, click the staff member you wish to take the user license away from and change that staff member’s “Current Status” from “Active” to “Inactive”.
3. Click “Contact Details”. On the Contact’s details page, click “Edit Details” and change the “Status” from “Active” to Inactive”. Click “Submit”.
4. Click backspace in your browser to return to the “Edit Staff” page. Click “Submit/Add”. This frees up one of your licenses.
5. On the “Add Staff” page, add the new staff member, fill in the required fields, and click “Submit”.
*Note: If you can’t find the name of the contact in the drop-down, make sure he/she has been added as a Contact.
This DIY transfer of user licenses gives you the freedom to swap users when it’s most convenient for you. Stay tuned for the next #OptimalPrime where we continue your transformation into a productivity pro with a new trick in FP.
Stay tuned for the next #OptimalPrime where we continue your transformation into a productivity pro with a new trick in FP.
Brand & Product Coordinator
Marissa was raised on a steady diet of mountain and ocean activities. She’s a product marketer by day, reader by night, and human being by day and night.