Here at Function Point, we are constantly working with creative firms, advertising agencies and digital agencies to better define internal processes and workflow using our software. In doing this, we have come up with 6 personas that interact within the typical creative agency.
Helping these people work more efficiently and effectively together will help the agency become more profitable.
The 6 Personas:
The Ad Agency Principal (owner) or Senior Management is responsible for the success of the entire agency. Often (in a small agency) owners are involved in Creative or Account Executive roles, but the key to the position is in making key strategic business decisions based on information and data presented.
A Typical Day
- Overseeing all the work going on in the agency
- Meeting with clients
- Analyzing agency profitability and developing a future-looking strategy.
A Typical Interaction with FP
Function Point is used to pull management reports to help with decision making
- Profit analysis
- Timesheet analysis
- Agency and employee efficiency
- Cash-flow and revenue projections
- Resource allocation and availability
A Perfect Day
- Clients are happy, employees are busy and efficient, and tasks and jobs for every client are on or ahead of schedule and on budget.
Top of Mind Issues
- Making clients happy
- Ensuring that employee efficiency is maximized across the organization
- Ensuring that workflow is efficient and the right stuff is getting done
- Being able to have an overall view of what the agency is up to and how it’s doing financially… with a simple click of a button.
If you have any comments or think we’ve missed something from your job description – let us know. We love working with people to help with both the software requirements to make working together easier, as well as developing efficient workflows – Function Point is here to help creatives run a profitable business! We’re here to be your agency management partner.
This article was written by former Function Point employee, Tate Lillies