2012 Mirren New Business Conference – Ad Agency Key Takeaways
Read time: 2 minutes
During the first week of May 2012 Function Point participated and also sponsored the Mirren New Business Conference in New York. It was a great event to connect with key leaders within the creative space and share experiences on how to excel with new business. At the end of the day, the success of every agency is based on your ability to generate new business and land new clients!
Below are some key takeaways from this 3-day event that had about 35 speakers and 400 agencies in attendance.
How to win your next Pitch
- Have a good story to tell
- Make sure you are a favorite not a filler. Understand why the client is choosing you
- Dramatize your client’s problems – you have to address the issues they are facing
- Get passionate about their brand and the opportunity
- While pitching for a job, make sure you bring the right people into the room
- Have something new to say and bring some insights to the table. This is how you will differentiate yourself from other agencies
- Good insights can make or break your pitch – Don’t confuse data with insight
- To be successful your agency needs to turn consumer insights into client business opportunities
- Know your customer’s audience better than they do
- Demonstrate passion for your current clients’ ROI – invest a million dollars with us and we will add x to your bottom line
- Last but not least, don’t let yourself be commoditized by RFP rules!
These are some of the key takeaways about winning your next pitch. Stay tuned to our next series of blogs with more takeaways from the 2012 Mirren New Business Conference and feel free to share your insights with us.
Below is a quick video with highlights of the 2012 Mirren New Business