Advertising Agency Software and QuickBooks Integration
Read time: 2 minutes
I’ve spoken with so many traffic managers in the last few weeks about the benefits of integrating QuickBooks with traffic management software that I have decided to share my thoughts with you.
First of all, there are a few different types of integration with QuickBooks out there. Anything from manual import through IIF files to automated import routines. For instance, at Function Point we have created a middleware that transfers information entered into our traffic management system directly to QuickBooks.
Second, it is necessary to identify what information you as a traffic manager or as an accountant need to send over to QuickBooks. We allow our clients to transfer posted expenses and invoices created in FP and move that seamlessly to QuickBooks.
3 Benefits to Look For in an Integration
- Reduce redundant work and maximize billable time since you don’t need to re-create invoices in QuickBooks. You will be amazed at how a series of simple 20 minute tasks can negatively affect your year-end bottom line.
- Help streamline your business process and increase visibility on costs and expenses related to specific projects. The integration with QuickBooks can be done in a daily basis allowing you to better manage Accounts Receivable and reduce your DSO (days sales outstanding).
- Maintain your existing accounting platform (QuickBooks). Have you thought about having to hire and train someone just to work with a new accounting package? It makes a lot more sense to spend time with your team creating new campaigns and sharing ideas than trying to learn a new accounting package.
- Focus on items that directly affect your bottom line (your core competencies)
- Take any opportunity to minimize redundant work and improve utilization rate
This article was contributed by former Function Point employee, Leonardo Maia.